Jacobs Enforcement is a leading debt recovery agency. They were previously known as Jacobs Bailiffs and have over 57 years of experience. They work with Local Authorities throughout England and Wales who collect Council Tax arrears for local authorities, debts for private companies and rent arrears.
Jacobs Enforcement Agents work with over 165 local authorities across England and Wales. Jacobs work with local authorities on a number of areas including debt collection, debt recovery and specialist services such as Warrants of Arrest.
Jacobs Enforcement offer an extensive range of services including:
Council Tax Debt Recovery
Jacobs focus on early compliance in the debt recovery process to ensure a high recovery rate of debt. They tailor their compliance models ranging from 13 days from notice of enforcement to 40 day models. Jacobs Enforcement Agents use a number of pre-action checks, proactive telephone contact followed up by SMS and Email contact. On escalation to the Enforcement Stage the case is assigned to local pre-approved Enforcement Agents.
- Parking Penalty Charge Notices on behalf of 203 Local Authorities
- Collection of Non-Domestic Rates (NDR) and Business Improvement (BID) Levies
- Corporate Debt Recovery including the likes of Sundry Debts, Housing Benefit Overpayment, Former Tenant Arrears and other Miscellaneous Debts
- Warrants of Arrests – Extensive Local Taxation court services, executing both Bail and No Bail Arrest Warrants of Arrest. All Warrant Offices are experienced, certified by the County Court and specialist trained. Jacobs also provide the escort of prisoners in authorised and fit for purposed vehicles
- Commercial Rent Arrears Recovery (CRAR) – Jacobs Bailiffs both recover and enforce Commercial Rent Arrears. They also exercise Forfeiture and peacefully return property back to Landlords
- Tracing Tools – Specialist tracing procedures and dedicated partners to provide local authorities with tracing service on all types of debt
- High Court Enforcement – Jacobs offer High Court Enforcement Agent Services to Local Taxation and Corporate Clients
- Process Serving – Prompt process serving of all documents
- Bankruptcy – Jacobs work with Horsefields Insolvency Practitioners to discuss all bankruptcy cases
- Welfare Advice Protocol – Jacobs Debt Recovery work in tandem with all free welfare advice agencies such as Citizen’s Advice Bureau
Can Jacobs Debt Recovery Send Bailiffs to My House?
In some cases, if court action has been taken and your debts are still due then the courts may appoint Jacobs Enforcement Bailiffs to recover property and assets to the value of the debt.
Can Jacobs Bailiffs Break into My House?
The chances of them being able to enter your property are quite rare. They can only do this if a Liability Order has been issued against you by a magistrate on behalf of the local authority. If you are a business then there would need to be an unpaid fine from a Magistrate, County Court or High Court.
It is the law that enforcement agencies are only able to enter a property if they have been inside the property before. They are then able to use what is known as ‘reasonable force’ to re-enter. This could involve the use of a Locksmith to help them gain entry. They can only try and gain entry during the hours of 6am to 9pm.
What Can Jacobs Bailiffs Take?
There are restrictions on what can be removed from your property by bailiffs. If you have given them entry of they have gained entry by other means, then they can remove what is known as ‘Walking Possessions’. These are those which are subject to ‘Taking Control of Goods Regulations’. They will make an inventory of any of those possessions in your home and estimate the current value. You can enter into a ‘Controlled Goods Agreement’ with them which will give you time to pay the outstanding debt.
If you fail to pay them, then they can return to your property and remove items. There are certain items which Jacobs Debt Collectors cannot take. These include essential items such as bedding, refrigerators, medical equipment, cookers and other items.
Don’t Speak To Them Before You Have Spoken To Us! Call:0161 850 0467
Telephone: 0345 601 2692
Address – Head Office:
6 Europa Boulevard
Monday – Thursday: 8am – 8pm
Friday: 8am – 5:00pm
Saturday: 8am – 1pm