Terms and Privacy
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to anyone who uses the services provided by M1 Debt Solutions. By using the website and the linked services you agree to be bound by the terms set out.
- You must be over 18 years of age to use the M1 Debt Solutions Website.
- M1debtsolutions.co.uk is an online Introducer service who runs a referral service for further specialist advice on debt solutions.
- The Website is to be used solely for private, non-commercial, personal purposes only.
- You agree not to use the website for any commercial or business purpose and use any information gathered from it to send unsolicited bulk email.
- To assist you in searching for the right product and service provider, M1 Debt Solutions will only provide generic information to assist you. This information is intended as assistance only and is not intended to be considered as advice directed at your specific needs or circumstances.
- Based on the details you provide to M1 Debt Solutions, we will try to introduce you to a third party who we think will be able to help you.
- We cannot provide any guarantee or warranty that the third party company we introduce you to will be able to meet your requirements.
- M1 Debt Solutions will send you details via email and by text message over how we will contact you.
- M1 Debt Solutions will take no warranties or liability for the quality of service offered by any third party advertised on the Website or any third party external links from the website.
- Once M1 Debt Solutions has matched your request to a service provider for contact we are under no obligation to you.
- All information on the M1 Debt Solutions Website has been displayed in good faith. We make a consistent effort to obtain reliable information from various sources.
- By submitting your details, you give M1 Debt Solutions authority to contact you using your contact details with regards to other products and services provided by M1 Debt Solutions.
- You agree that M1debtsolutions.co.uk may use another third party to transmit your details to a service provider.
- Termination shall be without prejudice to the accrued rights of either party.
- All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed by email to email@example.com
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Our organisation is committed to protecting the privacy or your personal information and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), to make transparent our data handling practices and complies with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) effective from May 2018.
M1 Debt Advice Limited may choose to amend the content of this policy on occasion which will be posted on this website. Please visit this policy on a regular basis to make sure you understand what we do with your information.
By registering on this site, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
How we may contact you
Unless you state otherwise M1 Debt Solutions Limited and our third-party partners (including Insolvency Practitioners) may contact you via telephone, email, post, SMS, automated messages, fax and WhatsApp.
How you contact us
If you contact us by telephone using the specified numbers on our website or advertising/marketing correspondence, your call may be recorded for training, quality and regulatory purposes. If you contact us via email, webchat, WhatsApp or post this information may be held securely by ourselves for training, quality and regulatory purposes.
Information we collect from you
We may obtain personal information from you through websites, mobile applications or other similar devices, channels or applications operated by or on behalf of any of the following brands: M1 Debt Solutions Limited.
When you visit, register or access services on www.m1debtsolutions.co.uk you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, contact details, email address and telephone number. While providing the services to you, we may also store information about how you use our sites, for example the pages viewed, the website from which you came to visit our site, details of your financial circumstances including the level of your debt and amount you can afford towards repaying your debts.
We may also collect information about your usage of our Website as well as information about you from messages you post to the website and e-mails or letters you send to us.
Note that it is your responsibility to check and ensure that all information, content, material, or data you provide on the sites is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading and that you disclose all relevant facts.
Use of your information
We will only collect and use your personal information in accordance with data protection laws. Our grounds for processing your personal information are as follows:
Where necessary we will only collect and process your personal information if you have given your consent for us to do so, for example, we will only send you certain marketing emails and process any sensitive information about you if we have your consent.
2. Legitimate interests
We may use and process some of your personal information where we have sensible and legitimate business grounds for doing so. Under European privacy laws there is a concept of “legitimate interests” as a justification for processing your personal information. Our legitimate interests for processing your personal information are to:
- Verify your identity and credit standing to enable us to provide debt counselling.
- Assist in completing your application for an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA).
- Extract certain information for generating statistics for our own internal purposes (including credit and/or behaviour scoring, and market product analysis).
- Detect, prevent and investigate actual and potential fraud and related activities.
- Develop, manage and market products/services to meet your needs and to contact you for products and services that may be of interest.
- Determine your eligibility for different products and services that you may be interested in.
- Contact you in connection with your enquiry.
- Update this website to better meet your needs in the future.
From May 2018, you will have a right to object to our use of your personal information for these legitimate interests including where we may use your personal information to create a profile to inform customer demographics. If you raise an objection we will stop processing your personal information unless very exceptional circumstances apply, in which case we will let you know why we are continuing to process your personal information. Please contact our Compliance Team at firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to exercise this right.
Disclosure of your information
The information you provide to us will be held on our computers and may be accessed by or given to third parties and our staff for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information and provide support services on our behalf. We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of our site to third parties, but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
Information may be transferred to third parties who may be located outside the European Economic Area. We will ensure that your personal information is protected to the level of standards in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If your information is shared with a third party, we will instruct and state restrictions as to protect your information. Our third-party partners will also have their own privacy policies, which we recommend you refer to.
If our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
We may share your data with The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and/or other regulatory bodies, for the purposes of compliance monitoring. Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Cookies are small amounts of information which we store on your computer. Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your details to us, our system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to the site. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits.
They also allow us to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of the site for you. You may set up the browser on your computer to reject cookies although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on our Website. If you do not wish to receive cookies in the future, please let us know.
Security and data retention
The amount of time we hold your information depends on the basis it was provided. Please see the following examples:
- If you request that we do not contact you for advertising and marketing reasons, we may still need to keep your information as this would reflect your preferences.
- Information is also kept relating to any transactions you may enter via our website. This information will be kept for a minimum of six years, which will commence at the end of the relationship. We are required to do so to ensure that if any disputes or complaints are raised, we have your information to enable us to address the complaints or disputes. Your information will be kept purely for business needs.
- In order to provide you with a service, we will be required to keep your information for however long this may take us.
- Another reason for us to keep information about you is for legitimate business needs (where relevant), so we can comply with the law.
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information but cannot guarantee the security of any data you provide online. By using our Website and not advising us to the contrary, you agree to our using data in the way set out above and to accept the inherent security risks of providing information online without holding us responsible for any breach of security unless due to our negligence or wilful default.
Accessing and updating
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us. Any access request is not subject to a fee unless the request is unreasonable in which case a fee may be charged and will be disclosed at the time of request.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to The Compliance Manager, M1 Debt Solutions Limited, 66 Camsley Lane, Lymm, Cheshire WA13 9BX.
From May 2018 you will have the following rights:
- Right to access: the right to request copies of your personal information from us;
- Right to correct: the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erase: the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems;
- Right to restrict our use of your information: the right to ‘block’ us from using your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it;
- Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal information;
- Right to object: the right to object to our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests or where we use your personal information to carry out profiling to inform our market research and customer demographics.
Where required by law we will obtain your consent to make these changes. If you do not agree with any changes, please do not continue to use the Sites.
Last Updated: 13/06/2018
Terms and Privacy
Updated on 2019-05-01T16:20:39+01:00, by .