Bristow and Sutor is an established debt enforcement agency (bailiffs). They operate nationwide and collect Council Tax arrears for local councils, debts for private companies and rent arrears in communities across England and Wales.
Incorporated in 1977 Bristow and Sutor is a bailiff company based in Redditch in Worcestershire, UK.
What Do Bristow and Sutor Do?
Council Tax & Local Authority Arrears
Bristow & Sutor are a debt enforcement agency specialising in local authority and private landlord debt recovery throughout England and Wales. They recover a variety of debts including Council Tax, Non-Domestic Rates, Sundry Debts and Penalty Change Notices. Their mission is to be the leading UK debt recovery group by providing a high quality, ethical and compliance-focused service to both private and public sectors. Their values are focused on accountability, transparency, respectfulness and always behaving with integrity
The main services Britsow and Sutor provide include: –
Council Tax Recovery specifically on domestic households. This includes:
- Pre-compliance process with a collection service prior to any fees being charged, ensuring collections rates are maximised for local authorities.
- Council Tax Reduction and Support for low income debt types targeting long-term payment arrangements, thus reducing the likelihood for ongoing enforcement visits.
- Tracing people with outstanding debts who have moved address
- Specialist welfare team protecting vulnerable debtors to achieve a positive outcome for all parties
- Dedicated enforcement team who can execute bail and no bail warrants
- Excellent success rates of achieving collections from unsuccessful council tax returns from other Enforcement Agencies
Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) Recovery including different Warrant Types such as bus lane contraventions, parking contraventions, moving traffic offences and low emission zones.
Business Rates Recovery including:
- A specialist fast recovery service process for large and priority debts, in particular at risk debtors and businesses closing down
- Tracing service to identify people in debt who have moved address
- Specialist welfare team protecting vulnerable debtors
- Guaranteed collection rates on unsuccessful returns from other Enforcement Agencies
Sundry Debt including miscellaneous debts such as Housing Benefits and Former Tenant Arrears
Commercial Rent Arrears Recovery by taking control of tenant’s goods in order to reimburse the landlord.
Bristow & Sutor claim to have developed a service ensuring success for both themselves and their clients. Their ethos is around being firm, but fair, taking each debtors’ individual situations into consideration.
However, if you have them chasing a debt from you then this may not seem the case. So let us help you!
Can Bristow and Sutor Bailiffs Come to My House?
In some cases, if court action has been taken and your debts are still due then the courts may appoint bailiffs to recover property and assets to the value of the debt.
Can Bristow & Sutor Break Into My House?
The chances of this company being able to enter your property are quite rare. They can only do this if a Liability Order has been issued against you by a Magistrate on behalf of the local authority. If you are a business then there would need to be an unpaid fine from a Magistrate, County Court or High Court.
It is the law that enforcement agencies are only able to enter a property if they have been inside the property before. They are then able to use what is known as ‘reasonable force’ to re-enter. This could involve the use of a Locksmith to help them gain entry. They can only try and gain entry for you to make a payment during the hours of 6 am and 9 pm.
What Can They Take?
There are restrictions on what can be removed for your property by bailiffs. If they you have given them entry or they have gained entry by other means then they can remove what is known as ‘Walking Possessions’. These are those which are subject to ‘Taking Control of Goods Regulations’. They will make an inventory of any of these possessions in your home and estimate the current value. You can then enter into a ‘Controlled Goods Agreement’ with them which will give you time to pay the outstanding debt.
If you fail to pay them then they can return to your property and remove items. There are certain items which Bristow and Sutor cannot take. These include essential items such as bedding, refrigerators, medical equipment, cookers and other items.
Don’t Speak To Them Before You Have Spoken To Us! Call:0161 850 0467
Bristow and Sutor Contact Details
Telephone: 0871 677 0070
Address: Bartleet Road, Washford, Redditch, Worcestershire, B98 0FL
If you are expecting a visit from Bristow and Sutor follow these four steps to stop them in their tracks!