What Do Bristow and Sutor Do?
Council Tax & Local Authority Arrears
Bristow & Sutor are a debt enforcement agency specialising in local authority and private landlord debt recovery throughout England and Wales. They recover a variety of debts including Council Tax, Non-Domestic Rates, Sundry Debts and Penalty Change Notices. Their mission is to be the leading UK debt recovery group by providing a high quality, ethical and compliance-focused service to both private and public sectors. Their values are focused on accountability, transparency, respectfulness and always behaving with integrity
The main services Britsow and Sutor provide include: –
Council Tax Recovery specifically on domestic households. This includes:
- Pre-compliance process with a collection service prior to any fees being charged, ensuring collections rates are maximised for local authorities.
- Council Tax Reduction and Support for low income debt types targeting long-term payment arrangements, thus reducing the likelihood for ongoing enforcement visits.
- Tracing people with outstanding debts who have moved address
- Specialist welfare team protecting vulnerable debtors to achieve a positive outcome for all parties
- Dedicated enforcement team who can execute bail and no bail warrants
- Excellent success rates of achieving collections from unsuccessful council tax returns from other Enforcement Agencies
Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) Recovery including different Warrant Types such as bus lane contraventions, parking contraventions, moving traffic offences and low emission zones.
Business Rates Recovery including:
- A specialist fast recovery service process for large and priority debts, in particular at risk debtors and businesses closing down
- Tracing service to identify people in debt who have moved address
- Specialist welfare team protecting vulnerable debtors
- Guaranteed collection rates on unsuccessful returns from other Enforcement Agencies
Sundry Debt including miscellaneous debts such as Housing Benefits and Former Tenant Arrears
Commercial Rent Arrears Recovery by taking control of tenant’s goods in order to reimburse the landlord.
Bristow & Sutor claim to have developed a service ensuring success for both themselves and their clients. Their ethos is around being firm, but fair, taking each debtors’ individual situations into consideration.
However, if you have them chasing a Council Tax debt, or any other debt from you let us help you! We have a team of experts on hand who can help against Bristow & Sutor Bailiffs.