At M1 Debt Solutions we do everything we can to provide you with the best possible service, but at the same time we appreciate that there may be times when you feel that we have not quite lived up to your expectations. Your feedback is important to us and it will be used to improve the service we provide to all our customers.
Part of our commitment to our customers is to have a clear and concise complaints procedure for our customers to use. Complaints can be made by telephone, in writing or by email and this document will let you know how to complain, as well as explaining what you can expect from M1 Debt Solutions when dealing with your complaint.
We want to deal with your complaint fairly and quickly and if you are dissatisfied with our treatment of your complaint, we will provide you with the information necessary to escalate your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
How to complain
- In the first instance we would ask that you call your Advisor on their direct telephone number and they will endeavour to resolve your complaint that day. Alternatively you can call our main number on 01925 945983.
- Whilst we hope to resolve complaints by telephone, should you wish you may also complain to us either by writing to:
44 Weaste Lane
WA4 3JT Or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What we will do with your complaint
If we are unable to resolve your complaint by telephone, we will send you written acknowledgement of your complaint by the end of the next business day.
We aim to resolve your complaint as quickly as we can and to keep you informed of its progress. Your complaint will be investigated by the director. If your complaint involves a separate organisation, we will inform them too and ask them to deal with their part of the complaint by contacting you directly.
We will aim to resolve your complaint within eight weeks of first receiving it. Only in exceptional circumstances will we not do so and we will inform you of those circumstances in writing. If you believe the delay is unnecessary, you can take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service and we will give you the information necessary to do so.
M1 Debt Solutions will send you a final response letter no later than eight weeks following the date that we receive your complaint. If we uphold your complaint we will send you a letter offering appropriate redress, which may vary from an apology to financial compensation.
If you disagree with our final response, you can take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Our final response letter will tell you how to do this.
If you are still dissatisfied
Whilst we will look into any complaint carefully and promptly and do all we can to explain the position to you, if you remain dissatisfied you have the right to refer the matter the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), however you must do so within six months of the date of the final response letter.
You can contact FOS by email, online, telephone, fax or letter as follows:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Submit your complaint online
- By filling out a Word or PDF form
- Call 0300 123 9 123 or 0800 023 4567 (Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm), or if calling from outside the UK on +44 20 7964 0500.
- Send a text to 07860 027 586 and they will call you back. Please don’t send any account numbers or bank details. If you feel you need to speak to FOS more urgently, it’s probably best to call them so they can help there and then.
- Fax 020 7964 1001
- Post to: The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR