Dukes Bailiffs Limited are a debt enforcement and collection agency (bailiffs). They collect Council Tax arrears for local councils, debts for private companies and rent arrears in communities across England.
Dukes Bailiffs Limited started trading in 1993 and is a family run, privately owned business. Dukes claim to be one of the leading providers of enforcement services across the UK. They have extensive coverage and have office and Agents located throughout across the UK. Duke Bailiffs specialise in both Private Sector Recovery and Public Sector Recovery.
With Public Sector Recovery they use something called Certus, Duke’s reporting suite, which helps them report to companies on the debts you ow. Services within Public Sector Recovery includes:
- Road Traffic Enforcement – Help Local Authorities manage parking offence recover. Dukes Bailiffs receive high collection rates through the debt collection of Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) and bus lane enforcement fines
- Traveller Eviction – Dedicated team on hand to evict travellers and other unauthorised trespassers from land.
- High Court Enforcement – CCJ or Court Orders of more than £600
- Forfeiture of Commercial Leases – Following instruction Duke Bailiffs will aim to re-enter property within 24 hours.
- Debt Collection of unpaid Invoices
- Tracing Absconded Debtors – Duke Bailiffs can trace people where debtors have moved address.
Dukes Public Sector Recovery Services include:
- Commercial Debt Recovery – Debt recovery service for commercial debts and rent arrears
- Local Taxation Recovery – Chasing you if you owe local taxes
- Sundry Debt Collection – Including Housing Benefits Overpayments, Former Tenant Arrears, Garage Rent and Social Care Debts
- Arrest Warrant – Specifically trained officers in bespoke vehicles will be on hand to conduct arrest warrants where required
- Tracing and Collect – Features advanced tracing software to find debtors who have moved address
Can Dukes Bailiffs Limited Send Bailiffs to My House?
In some cases, if court action has been taken and your debts are still due then the courts may appoint Dukes Bailiffs Limited to recover property and assets to the value of the debt.
Can Dukes Bailiffs Limited Break into My House?
The chances of Dukes Bailiffs being able to enter your property are quite rare. They can only do this if a Liability Order has been issued against you by a magistrate on behalf of the local authority. If you are a business then there would need to be an unpaid fine from a Magistrate, County Court or High Court.
It is the law that enforcement agencies are only able to enter a property if they have been inside the property before. They are then able to use what is known as ‘reasonable force’ to re-enter. This could involve the use of a Locksmith to help them gain entry. They can only try and gain entry during the hours of 6am to 9pm.
What Can Duke Baillifs Take?
There are restrictions on what can be removed from your property by bailiffs. If you have given them entry of they have gained entry by other means, then they can remove what is known as ‘Walking Possessions’. These are those which are subject to ‘Taking Control of Goods Regulations’. They will make an inventory of any of those possessions in your home and estimate the current value. You can enter into a ‘Controlled Goods Agreement’ with them which will give you time to pay the outstanding debt.
If you fail to pay them, then they can return to your property and remove items. There are certain items which Dukes Bailiffs Limited cannot take. These include essential items such as bedding, refrigerators, medical equipment, cookers and other items.
Don’t Speak To Them Before You Have Spoken To Us! Call:0161 850 0467
Telephone: 01785 825 5051
Address: Dukes Court, 7 Newcastle Street, Stone, Staffordshire, ST15 8JT